Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My ying and my yang...

I mentionned it many time, to keep me balanced I need to workout AND I need to create...   but I'm not selfish.  I am far from saying that I'm perfect at one thing but I am good at a lot of things and I think young people these days spend too much time either in front of their computer or TV.

There is many benefits in creating handmade crafts soothe your senses and help fight stress.  A single piece of craft usually takes several hours to complete.  The teenagers will learn to follow a serie of steps which require them to memorize the process and concentrate on following through.  This is a good way to learn patience and to understand that sometimes, it takes a lot of work to get to a final product. 

Shawl and brooch made by Dolphina :o)
It's funny to see people's face when they see me pull out something I'm knitting...  I certainly don't fit the stereotype and that is what I'm trying to break..  There is also a good feeling of accomplishment when I complete a project.  It's beneficial for self confidence.

I will present about a dozen of workshops, of about 3-4 hours about all kinds of different crafts: hand sewing, machine sewing, knitting, crochet, felting, jewelry making etc. and I think I came up with project with new and recycled material.  I tried to find accessories that could be useful on a daily basis...  Hopefully, it will work and I will be able to pass on my passions.

So June 12, I am meeting with the art and cultural coordinator of the City of Rockland, I keep my fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment