Friday, October 2, 2009

This is it!


Oh well... I'm finally jumping in the wagon. This is the first post of, hopefully, many others to come.

We're Friday, the 2nd day of the month of October, Breast Cancer awareness month. My summer is ultimately over. Tonight will be the last one to sleep on the boat and tomorrow, we're getting everything out of it and up out of the water until next Spring.

I feel sad. This is the reality. The cold, rainy and windy days are to come. I never really had the chance of spending my weekends at a cottage, growing up. Now, I have my own floating cottage and this is just awesome. I discovered the "co-habitation" with my boats' neighbours. I had a wonderful summer, sharing BBQ's beers with Chris our friendly boat mechanic and our back neighbour, sipping drinks on the boat, having John and Dave over to chit chat, setting my lounge chair on the dock and reading the Twilight Saga over and over again, saying Hello to Stu and Liz and petting the lovely Ginger. That was my reality over the past summer.

We also had the chance of discovering our environment. We were "introduced" to beath taking spots. Simcoe Bay, Stella Bay, Prinyers' Cove and my favorite by far Big Sandy Bay, off the East tip of Wolf Island. We turned those trips into floating afternoon of pure fun and relaxation.

My first summer of Marina life and boating was just filled with memories and I can wait for the next one to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment